Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Long time no write again! It's three days until my first winter break as a real live, employed teacher! So it's about half a month before the new year, so it's going to be time for me to take stock of the year of o' 10... One thing you may have noticed if you read this thing at ALL is that I hardly post here.

I hardly post on my LJ too. Facebook is the social networking choice of mine for now. Unfortunately it's not much for recreation or self-analysis--it's all a big grok of pictures and what you had for lunch. I say it's not my speed but the ability to refresh ANYTHING makes those dopamines and related chemicals wash over the brain more thoroughly than any WoW session might. So it's about time for those New Year's Resolutions.

My friend Alex just wrote me a long message. It seems to echo a lot of what I've felt lately. This is supposed to be a public account of my own health habits. I have had a LOT of life changes this year and last. I lost a good amount of weight the first half of the year. Once I moved to my new place, I've slowly gained a lot of it back. I'm surprised at how much I have gained back. Though I am healthier than I was just over a year ago, I have certainly "slipped."

So--despite the fact that I have 3 days of work left and then a "vacation" of two weeks, I hope to continue on a good clip of weight loss and good health choices like I was doing last year. Very interesting. Last year I was walking in freezing temperatures to Panera and wondering if I would ever get a teaching job. 400 miles away and a year later, I'm responsible for teaching almost 200 kids how to be healthy and responsible adults. I suppose it's time to do the same for me eh?

It's late right now (12:15. gotta teach in 8 hours). But I'll be dragging my tired ass to the rec center at my apt. complex for the first time (it's December. Sad, right?)

I think I weigh about 223 right now. Maybe more. I actually hit 210 awhile ago. Sloooowly climbed back up. Time to get back down again and actually hit up some fencing now that I should theoretically be able to afford it. It will be fun.

Ducks are waddling into row formation. and since the holidays seem to be my time to lose rather than gain weight, here's hoping I break the 210 mark and then some!

Have a good one. See you tomorrow night.
--MCSM

No comments: