Monday, March 28, 2011

I seem to be keeping under a 2000 cal/day diet. That is a challenge for me, but lately it hasn't been too bad. I was genuinely inspired by Anna's "volumetrics" TV Spot awhile ago--It really is better to eat a bunch of fruits and veggies and high-water things than to drop 500 calories on a single burrito at Taco Bell.

I've been doing calisthenics a lot, which is new to me, but it is enjoyable. I like that I'm feeling stronger. I've woken up on the right side of 220 for a few mornings in a row now, which tells me I'm making progress. I think the 210's is where I don't look enormous. While I still fall off the truck now and then, it's interesting to me that I can almost sense when momentum happens. I feel like I'm back on a healthy track again.

Trying to put more fruits and veggies in my diet--eating broccoli or a Green Giant steamer whenever I can--making myself eat apples and tangerines whether I want to or not. It's funny there because I never don't enjoy them, but I don't want to start eating them. Like ripping off a band-aid or something bizarre like that.

Anyway, I've been doing a lot of yoga lately, some weight lifting, and calisthenics. I know that I need more aerobics in there. Fencing will do that tomorrow. Which reminds me, I need to order some gear soon. It will be nice to own that again. Then I can just wander into any club and get some practice in.

I wonder if it's true that it is cheaper to eat more healthy or less healthy. I wonder if $1.00 cheeseburger is really cheaper than beef and a loaf of bread plus toppings. But then, how sustainable is it, personally or environmentally to have a diet like that?

When I deprive myself of bad food or opportunities to get bad food, I become healthy. When I have a wad of cash burning a hole through my pocket, I eat poorly. It's the same when I visit home or other places. I've been trying to eat canned vegetables and fruits before they go bad, and it makes me eat them, which is really good for me. I will try to keep this up--I need to be careful about skimping on things I will eat and are good for me, and also be careful about splurging on things that are awful for me.

For example, a type of fruit may be expensive, but if I eat it, then it's worth it, no?
I need to say the same thing to myself about classes and exercise--if I participate, how bad can it be?

--Of course, is that any way for someone who wants to earn their USFA rating to talk? Oi... London in 1.5 years. Wowee.

--MCSM

No comments: